Official translations in London Bridge

If you are in London and need a certified translation or a translation for official purposes, just contact Dot Comma for a free, no-obligation quotation. Being a global city, official translations are needed in London all the time. Using a London-based translation agency like Dot Comma is, therefore, advantageous because we are aware of the specific requirements for official translations in London.

Certified translations are required for many different reasons, including visa applications, insurance claims or university admissions. You may be asked to provide a certified translation of your birth certificate, your university degree or an official translation of your passport or ID, for example.

Whenever you are asked for an official translation, you should ask the recipient precisely what type of certified translation they require: Do they want an ITI certified translation? Should you provide a notarised translation or sworn translation? Have you been asked to get an Apostille or have an Apostille translated? Don’t worry, though, if you don’t understand the answer – Dot Comma has vast experience in producing official translations in London so can help you work out what is needed.

Different types of official translations for the UK

There are many different types of certified translation in the UK. You can see our Frequently Asked Questions about certified translations for more details. However, as a rule of thumb, the type of official translation you will require for the UK depends on where you will be using the translation:

  1. Official translations for the Home Office, you need a certified translation produced by a professional translation agency. This translation must not only be accurate, but also accompanied by a certificate from the translation agency with specific details included.
  2. Official translations for the UK courts and judiciary, you will require a sworn translation; the translation agency will need to include an affidavit with the translation confirming that it is true and accurate in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules.
  3. Official translations for Companies House, you will want to ask a professional translation agency to produce the translation so you can be sure that it is correct. Once you have obtained the translation, you will need to arrange for the translation to be certified by a director or secretary of the company prior to submission to Companies House.
  4. Official translations for UK universities and insurers, you are able to supply a translation certified by the translation agency that has produced it. The translation agency will need to include their contact details and confirm that the official translation is true and accurate.
  5. Official translations for UK divorce proceedings, you are required to have the translation notarised in accordance with the Family Procedure Rules. This means the translation agency will need to visit a notary public, who will confirm their credentials.