Translating Degree Certificates from UK Universities

London is home to some of the world’s most prestigious universities. When you apply to a UK university from overseas, you will need to provide an ITI certified translation of your educational documents, including school reports, university diplomas and transcripts. Similarly, if you are returning home after studying in the UK, you will need to translate your diploma and transcript. You will probably also need to arrange for an Apostille on your documents, too.

Translating educational diplomas can be a bit tricky as courses and degree qualifications can vary from country to country. In the UK, the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) is the official government agency responsible for assessing and comparing foreign qualifications. In other countries, there are similar departments and procedures for recognising foreign degrees. The Schools & Qualifications Office of the Consulate General of Italy in London, for example, issues a declaration of value (‘dichiarazioni di valore‘). There is a special procedure to follow to obtain this declaration, which involves getting a copy of your degree certificate translated and notarised.

As a London translation agency, Dot Comma has helped hundreds of students translate their degree certificates and educational documents. All our translators are professional linguists and are aware of the different requirements for translating diplomas and transcripts depending on where they will be used.